What you’ll be working on
IEL is seeking a Hearthstone Community Manager volunteer to join our team. You’ll own player retention and growth for our Hearthstone programs. If you’re someone who loves Hearthstone and the people who play it, we want you.
The CM will be responsible for growing our league and making sure players continue to love their experience. You’ll largely have as much responsibility and autonomy as you want. Below are a few possible tasks and approaches:
Recruitment and Retention
- Reaching out to the larger Hearthstone community to introduce them to our league, streams, and tournaments.
- Reminding past players about upcoming events, and running the league in such a way that players come back season after season, and bring their friends.
- Working with GM to ensure that the league remains competitive (parity between teams), welcomes both new and experienced players, and meets leadership development goals.
- Being an good role model and representative of IEL in the wider HS community.
- Writing reminder emails to players each week about upcoming matches and deadlines.
- Updating scores each week, recording forfeits, and generally ensuring that the league runs smoothly.
- Coordinating with our Hearthstone caster and promoting the Twitch stream.
- Answering any questions players have about the league.
Things you should be excellent at (or on your way to):
- Knowledge of Hearthstone: You should either know the game or be excited to learn all about it. You don’t have to be a high-level player, but you should understand the various formats and considerations that you might get questions about. You’ll also have our analysts to turn to for advice.
- Customer service orientation: You are dedicated to serving our players well so that they come back, and bring their friends.
- HS Community: You should either already be a member of several Hearthstone communities, or be excited about joining and becoming a contributing member of them. We don’t spam, so you should be prepared to engage genuinely and helpfully with Hearthstone players everywhere.
- Social Media: You probably already know the tools: Facebook, Twitter, Discord, various online forums. You are comfortable learning new technology tools.
We think this job is probably better suited for someone with a little experience in digital marketing, customer service, or community management (1-2 years). But if you don’t have that and think you would still do a terrific job, we’d still love to hear from you.