Marketing & Communications Manager
What you’ll be working on
IEL is seeking a Marketing & Communications volunteer to join our team. We’re open to either a generalist, or a specialist (content, PR, social) who is willing to wear additional temporary hats.
Our events and publications have been well received by small groups, and we want to grow that audience so we can have a bigger impact. You are a key part of that plan.
Design marketing strategy for using content, social, and earned media to raise the profile of IEL and build our mailing list of potential participants interested in the intersection of leadership and esports. Support our program managers in recruiting participants, staff, and sponsors.
- Design our content marketing strategy, pick topics, and source or create original content.
- Develop syndication relationships with other Esports and Leadership outlets.
- Recruit and manage volunteer writers, or write content yourself for the IEL blog.
- Work with IEL Think Tank to disseminate original research.
- Develop media relationships and connect IEL staff with opportunities for expert interviews.
- Propose and implement campaigns and events designed to earn free media.
- Identify social media platforms for us to focus on.
- Design and implement systems for managing our ongoing social media presence.
- Propose, design and implement marketing campaigns.
Things you should be excellent at (or on your way to):
- Writing (if you don’t like to write, this role will suck)
- Marketing strategy: Deciding where to spend our limited resources for the best return, and being able to articulate your reasons.
- Content Marketing, PR, or Social media. There’s a lot of options here. If you’re a specialist in one, we’ll expect you to learn the others well enough to cover them while the team grows.
We think this job is probably better suited for someone with some experience in digital marketing 5-7 years. But if you don’t and think you would still do a terrific job, we’d still love to hear from you.